Hyunda's Inflated MPGs
Hyundai Motor Group was caught cheating on their fuel economy ratings (MPG) by the EPA in 2012. MPG estimates were 1 or 2 miles higher than they should have been, which doesn't sound like much. Except when you consider who's picking up the …
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Fuel System Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2013 Elantra mpg not close to epa estimates 41 (100%)
- 2007 Santa Fe fuel gauge not reading correctly, check engine light on 36 (88%)
- 2008 Santa Fe fuel level sensor failed 35 (85%)
- 2006 Elantra missing or stalling when driving 17 (41%)
- 2009 Santa Fe fuel level sensors stopped working 17 (41%)
- 2012 Elantra poor gas mileage 16 (39%)
- 2011 Elantra mpg below epa rating 14 (34%)
Hyundai and Kia are being forced to update their fuel economy estimate labels for unsold cars on dealer lots by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The EPA said Hyundai and Kia will lower their fuel economy (mpg) estimates for the majority of their model year 2012 and 2013 models after EPA testing found discrepancies between agency results and data submitted by the company.…