Hyundai's Self-Peeling Paint
Hyundai’s self-healing paint is advertised to heal minor scratches using a chemical compound called scratch recovery clear. However, owners content over time that same compound allows the paint to come off in large sheets.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Body Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2011 Sonata paint peeling 28 (100%)
- 2009 Santa Fe paint coming off 27 (96%)
- 2010 Sonata paint is peeling 15 (54%)
- 2004 Santa Fe paint is wearing off 13 (46%)
- 2009 Sonata paint flaking off 10 (36%)
- 2010 Elantra paint fading/clear coat coming off 9 (32%)
- 2012 Sonata paint chipping and rusting everywhere 7 (25%)
ling paint lawsuit has been dismissed by a California district judge.
Whether Hyundai knew the paint was defective was a question because the automaker said third-party websites talked about the problems, but customers weren't complaining directly to Hyundai. In other words, if customers don't complain directly to Hyundai, no one can prove the automaker had prior knowledge of alleged problems.
This is a terrible argument. Third party websites, like CarComplaints.com, are not only useful for venting. Complaint data is collected, compiled, and shared to other owners who might be having the same problem. Seeing how many others are facing a similar issue can be a catalyst for action.…